Friday 4 January 2008

The project plan

Over the Christmas holidays I have turned my thoughts to writing a project plan for all the jobs that need to be done to get the car on the road and what are the mile stones in the project. I thought that the first one would be actually making the engine run. So what would need to be in place to get to this.

Electricals
All fuel
Brakes (servo & handbrake)
Exhaust
Cooling (oil & water)
Dashboard

Anyway, my first guestimate was going to be ready for MOT at end of June. My MS Project plan is currently indicating that the MOT test will be in mid July. Not a bad guess then. However the planning tool requires my efforts for every weekend from now until then !

Next task are to agree on the paint and rust proofing with the restorer and sort out my garage for when the painted shell returns painted with engine, axle, gearbox, cross member and stearing column all fitted.

No comments: